Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!  Just wanted to share a couple of photos from our Easter dinner. (Artistic crafty-blog purists, look away!) This first one should be called "View From My Stovetop:"

Hasselback Potatoes.  Sliced, half a mixture of melted butter & olive oil poured on them & a little salt sprinkled, baked at 350 for 30 minutes while the ham was finishing, then poured the rest of the butter/oil mix on them and baked for about another 30 or so at 425 (because I didn't think they'd finish on time if I didn't crank up the heat).  Served 'em with sour cream to dollop the heck all over the place.  I haven't made them for years (so long ago none of the kids remembered my ever having done so!)  Yum!!

Easter cake made from scratch by Bookgirl, who is much, much better at this sort of thing than her mom has ever been!  A truly wonderful dessert that really stole the show (what, you thought I'd say "took the cake")?

Hope your Easter was beautiful, blessed, holy, and delicious! :)

No comments: