Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Birthday, Hatchick!

Technically, I’m still on a bit of a blog break as I work to finish some writing projects and restore some much-needed sanity to the end-of-the school year homeschooling endeavors.  But today we are celebrating the 16th birthday of our beloved youngest girl, affectionately nicknamed “Hatchick” on this blog, and as is our custom I will turn the blog over to her to post whatever she likes!  Without further ado, then, here’s our birthday girl!

****************************

Hello, this is Hatchick!
So far 16 seems a bit different than 15, though I am not sure quite why. Today, I am having a lot of fun with my family, and a certain kitten is having a lot of fun with the blue streamers hung from here and there about the rooms. I am very excited to be 16!
Speaking of kittens, I have been having fun with the camera this year:




It’s Super Smidge!

...Emmett prefers to sleep.


These flowers showed up in our backyard near Easter. They were very small, about the size of a finger. I have no idea what they are, but they were pretty!

Action shot! I waited for a long while to catch a picture (and video, but it isn’t posted here) of these planes as they flew close-by in this formation!


I had hoped that there would be a lot of drawings that I could add here, but unfortunately it appears that I haven’t drawn nearly as much as I thought that I had this past year. Oh well. This picture is a picture of Team Rocket from Pokemon. I first did a sketch of the picture, then colored it with markers, and then uploaded it to the computer and colored it with Seashore.


Thank you so much for reading this post! I am looking forward to a great year!
~Hatchick




3 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Happy Birthday, Hatchick! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Deirdre Mundy said...

Wow! The Pokemon picture looks professional!

geeklady said...

Happy Birthday Hatchick!
I believe those flowers are Texas False Garlic, but in our house we call them rain lilies because they seem to magically appear after it rains.