Monday, December 1, 2014

Blogging will resume shortly...

...but this is what I’ve been up to lately:



This November was one of my best years ever!  I wrote the entire first draft of Book Six in the Tales of Telmaja series, over 72,000 words, in 28 days.  This is going to put me ahead; usually I spend way too much time fretting about finishing a book and then finally finishing it just in time to start writing the next one.  With this draft done, I can consider 2015 “The Editing Year.”  At present, counting Book Three of the Tales of Telmaja series, I have five total books to edit and publish (four T of T, one non-series book).  I don’t know how many of them I will get done, but I am optimistic that it will be a number greater than one. :)

Speaking of that, Book Three is in the hands of my awesome and capable and talented Advance Reader Team even as we speak.  I had initially hoped to have Book Three available by Christmas, but since I didn’t get it to my A.R.T. until rather late this year, the book probably won’t make an appearance until sometime after the first of the year.  Truth is, my A.R.T.s comments, proofreading skills, and input have been tremendously valuable to me so far, and I’d rather publish the book a bit later than I had planned than publish it without their help and comments.

As we head into the Advent season blogging tends to be a bit sporadic anyway, but for those who still check in here--and I appreciate you!--the blog will start to be updated more often now that NaNoWriMo 2014 is a sweet memory.

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

That's an amazing word count, Erin! I only managed 900 words. But I did come up with two ideas for stories and started blogging again, so not a total lack of writing. Congrats on winning NNWM. :)

LarryD said...

Congrats, fellow winner! I clocked in at 50,300 - it would have been higher, and I would have probably finished the novel, if I didn't have the bad habit of self-editing as I go. Oh well!

As it stands, I'm about 5 chapters short of the conclusion, so if I keep on keepin' on, I'll have it done mid-December, and then into my alpha readers hands!

Happy Advent!

Red Cardigan said...

Congrats back atcha, Larry! :)

Red Cardigan said...

Congrats back atcha, Larry! :)