Monday, January 19, 2015

A few questions for my readers

Some extremely kind person has nominated me for the 2015 Sheenazing Awards under the category “Best Under-Appreciated Blog.”  Thank you, whoever you are!

Sometimes blogs seem to have fallen by the wayside, but there are still several I check and read daily, and I hope you do too.  Facebook and similar social media sites are all very well and good, but blogs are a chance to do some real writing, and I appreciate having readers who still check in here.

Let me ask: since my blogging has become a bit more sporadic, are there certain things you wish I’d do differently?  Would a daily post, however brief, be better than longer occasional ones?  Are there topics you wish I’d address, or address more often?

Let me know in the comment box or via email if you prefer.

2 comments:

Daddio said...

Hate to sound like a commercial, but... I actually read a lot more blogs since discovering Feedly about a year ago. Haven't visited an actual blog since. You might encourage your readers to check it out. Then just write at your own pace, and we will be sure to see it.
Plus I love the "saved for later" feature for when I see something longer and interesting that I need to save for when I have time to really pay attention to it. I've got stuff on my list that is months old.
End of commercial.
Congrats on the nomination

Deirdre Mundy said...

I'd say do what works for you right now. I check in every day to make sure I haven't missed anything, but you have so many other projects in the works, I understand when you're just busy.

I've gotten a lot less judgmental about bloggers who drop their blogs ever since I abandoned mine to work on other things.