Tuesday, February 3, 2015

In a blogging slump...

...as you may or may not have noticed. :)

Honestly, there’s not a particularly good reason why I haven’t been blogging.  Sure, it’s been busy as the older two get back to their college classes and Hatchick and I continue to learn what homeschooling just one child is like.  (It’s quiet.  Veeeerrryyyy quiet...)

Actually, she and I have been enjoying some nice walks on days when Texas forgets all about that “winter” stuff (she’s scatterbrained that way).  And I’ve had lots to do, too.

But I wonder how much of my rather “meh” writing mode is coming from the old ghost of Third Quarter Blues.

In our earlier homeschooling days I wrote about Third Quarter Blues, that time of year when it’s gray and cloudy and chilly and no longer Christmas and you have so...much...school...left to get through and you just want to eat snacks and drink hot beverages before Lent gets here, and so on.

I shared one of those old posts on Facebook the other day, and it occurred to me that some younger homeschooling moms may not have seen some of those kinds of posts.  So here, in no particular order, are some posts dealing with Third Quarter Blues:

Surviving the Third Quarter Blues

Winter of Our Discontent

Third Quarter Carol

Hopefully, I’ll be back to semi-regular blogging soon.  Probably once Lent starts, and I realize that the “meh” problem is just a “me” problem, and a problem I’ve dealt with before--that Third Quarter Blues sense that things are just sort of dull and boring and yet highly contentious (a mood I’ve seen in our cats lately as well).  But spring is coming!  Right?  :)

No comments: